This 9-day tour of North India revolves around responsible wildlife experiences with a dash of luxury, city, and cultural village tours mixed in.
Visit Delhi, Agra (home to the Taj Mahal), Sawai Madhopur, and Ghanerao over the course of your stay. Witness incredible wildlife as well as significant cultural sites. Experience stays in luxury wildlife lodges and charming homestays that are working directly with local communities in wildlife conservation, rehabilitation, and community development projects. For example, the wildlife lodge in Sawai Madhopur and the homestay in Ghanerao are working with tribal women and camel herders on several projects including creating alternative incomes via selling camel milk, selling wool products, and supporting a local school.
The combination of wildlife, conservation projects, and cultural experiences makes this tour equally great for families, couples, and solo travelers.
- Visit a rescue and rehabilitation center for distressed wildlife, in particular, Indian bears and elephants
- Stay in a luxury wildlife lodge for a guided safari in Ranthambore National Park, famous for Indian tigers
- Spend a couple of days with camel herders witnessing their nomadic life and conservation efforts
- Hear lesser-known, unique facts about the famous Taj Mahal from one of our storytelling guides
- Free time to explore Delhi, including the President’s Palace, the India Gate, and the crafts market
- Guided tour of Delhi through the spice markets, jewel markets, cloth markets, and more
- Cultural tours, and visits to tombs, temples, forts, and monuments
- Optional visits for extra time at cultural monuments, visiting with local artisans, seeing their crafts (requires adding a day or two to your tour)
- Optional tour extension for a full day leopard safari
India has so much to offer! If you have a few more days to spare, we highly recommend that you add on Jaipur, Udaipur, and Jodhpur to this tour. This can give you the opportunity to embrace a “slow travel” mindset and provide the time for an additional safari or to visit more wonderful cultural sites.
Seasonal Notes: We offer this tour during the best season for it – anytime between September 1st and April 15th each year. Guests choose their desired start date.