A short and sweet, classic Loire wine tour in the esteemed Loire Valley wine region of France. Come taste incredible wine, and see one (or more!) of the region’s popular châteaux.
Highlights: During this 3-day, 2-night stay you will:
- Visit 3 wineries, all biodynamically farmed by renowned French winemakers.
- Take one guided tour of a château. There is a possiblity to visit more than one château if you extend the trip.
- Visit a local wine cellar with the possibility of tasting several wines to familiarize you with more wine styles from the region.
- Benefit from a 2-hour wine course. This includes the tasting of 2 wines to guide you through how the tasting is done properly, as well as information regarding the region, its climate, wine styles, grape varieties, history, and culture.
- Have a cheese and wine pairing lunch.
Biodynamic wine is the “most” sustainable type of wine-making possible: no harmful chemicals or pesticides are used, and the farming practices are usually guided by a natural, biodynamic calendar. It’s a holistic approach that aligns all aspects of the farm, soil, grapes, and lunar cycles. Biodynamic is not the exact same as natural or organic wines.
This educational Loire wine tour is led by a wine expert who is WSET certified, so this tour is perfect for curious wine lovers as well as true “wine geeks!” The short trip length makes it a perfect weekend getaway for locals, or an appealing option to add before or after a longer stay in France for visitors.
There is so much more to France than the beautiful city of Paris. Come explore the French countryside – arriving via a picturesque train ride, or by renting a car – and soak up some of the magical wine culture and historic châteaux that France is so well known for.
Seasonal Notes: This trip can be arranged throughout the year, but it’s especially lovely to experience the vineyards in September & October, just before the fall harvest begins.