Connecting travel & tourism to the UN SDGs
Yūgen Earthside is a Social Purpose Corporation. We will donate a percentage of profits to social and environmental sustainable tourism development projects. These initiatives will be in line with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Yūgen Earthside is primarily working towards SDG #11 – Sustainable Cities & Communities.
From screening trip operators, to helping travelers find responsible trips, we want tourism to be a force for good in cities and communities all over the world.
How it Works
Examples of Projects
Below are examples of the types of projects, in line with the SDGs, that we might donate to. We will be fully transparent about which projects we’re helping and what the status of each project is as soon as we become profitable and start making donations. Check back on this page in the future for these updates!
SDG #5 – Gender Equality
- Training more female tour guides in destinations
- Empower entrepreneurial women through grants
- Contribute to gender training programs
SDG #6 – Clean Water & Sanitation
- Reduce water scarcity by investing in water flow restrictors to ensure no shortages for locals
- Donate to wastewater management projects
SDG #7 – Affordable & Clean Energy
- Supporting solar panels & green energy projects
- Investing in local organizations focused on renewable energy
SDG #9 – Industry, Innovation & Infrastructure
- Build more charging stations for electric vehicles
- Help repair roads to ease access for locals and tourists
SDG #10 – Reduced Inequalities
- Pay for training to help locals achieve higher management positions, i.e. in hotels
- Donate to educational programs to uplift women
Do you have an impact project suggestion?
You are our best resource! What problems did you see on your travels? Do you know of, or have you worked with, an organization doing amazing work towards sustainable tourism development? Let us know!