This ethical climb takes you along the most popular route up Mount Kilimanjaro – the “Whiskey” route. Plus, your climb will be carbon offset!
- Summit the tallest mountain in Africa
- Trek through jungles and ravines
- Take in incredible panoramic views
- Enjoy healthy, fresh-cooked meals designed for climbers
- Support a climbing company that takes good care of their Mountain Crew and the local community in Moshi
Mount Kilimanjaro resides in Kilimanjaro National Park, itself a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Machame Route is also known as the “Whiskey” route. Compared with the Marangu route, the days on Machame are longer and the walks are steeper. The Machame route is considered a difficult route and is better suited for more adventurous folks and those with some hiking or backpacking experience.
The minimum number of days required for this route is six days, although seven days is recommended (this climb has 7 walking days). We will stay in Moshi for one night both before and after the trek.
The Machame Route is scenically beautiful and varied. You’ll go through the jungle, see a fabulous view of the moorland, and have a panoramic view of the Shira Plateau. You’ll be able to see Mt. Meru, ravines, and glaciers before finally reaching the spectacular summit of Uhuru (which means “freedom” in Swahili).
Other routes available for 6-7 day climbs: Lemosho, Rongai, Shira, Umbwe, and Marangu.
Other routes available for 8-10 day climbs: Lemosho, Northern Circuit, Crater Camp.
If interested in a climb of a different length or via a different route, contact us!
Seasonal Notes: The best time for this Kilimanjaro climb is June through October, and December to March. June through October will have less rain than December to March. Temperatures are relatively consistent year-round (around 75-80°F / 24-27°C), being on the warmer end from December to March. Please note that this route is very popular, which means it can be crowded at times. Unfortunately, traveling during the shoulder season during April, May, and November is not advisable due to bad weather that can cause safety hazards.
- [13 days] Mount Kilimanjaro Climb & Safari – Climb + Safari
- [6 days] Serengeti and Ngorongoro Safari – Safari Only
- [11-15 days] Women-only Kilimanjaro Climb (& Safari) – Special for International Women’s Day each year!
There are no reviews yet.