Make the most out of your time in Tanzania with this private, guided tour that will escort you up to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro and then take you on a classic safari. This trip is 100% carbon offset.
- Summit Mount Kilimanjaro, the tallest mountain in Africa
- See sweeping panoramic views of mountains, glaciers, plateaus, and more
- Eat freshly prepared, healthy food along the trail
- Have free time to explore the town of Moshi
- Visit the famous Serengeti National Park and the Ngorongoro Crater (a UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- See the Big 5 safari animals (lion, leopard, rhinoceros, elephant, and buffalo)
On this trip, you’ll do the climb of Mount Kilimanjaro first and then relax afterward with a leisurely safari in the Serengeti National Park and the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. The climbing portion of the trip will last 7 days and take you through the Kilimanjaro National Park and to the summit via the Machame Route. The Machame Route, also known as the “Whiskey” Route, is one of the most popular paths up Mount Kilimanjaro.
After you descend the mountain, you’ll have a free day to rest and explore Moshi.
The following day, we’ll leave for our 4-day safari. We respect the animals on our game drives by not feeding them and informing our guests about the consequences of feeding the wildlife. We never lead hunting safaris; and we never participate in off-roading, which can kill some species. The Serengeti and the Ngorongoro Crater are fantastic for viewing big game animals. The crater in particular is well-known for being the biggest undisturbed volcanic crater in the world and attracts many popular animals.
Seasonal Notes: The best time for this Kilimanjaro climb is June through October, and December to March. June through October will have less rain than December to March. Temperatures are relatively consistent year-round (around 75-80°F / 24-27°C), being on the warmer end from December to March.